CITY COOPERATIVE DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL
created through an Executive Order No. 06, Series of 2019. It main function is to serve as mechanism for collaboration, consultation and coordination in the implementation of various cooperative programs and projects implemented by all government branches, instrumentalities, sub offices and agencies in partnership with cooperative sector.
Composition of CCDC
- Official representative of the National Government Agencies such as Cooperative Development Authority (CDA), Department of Trade & Industry (DTI), Department of Agriculture (DA), Department of Science & Technology (DOST) Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR), Department of Labor & Employment (DOLE), Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR), Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR), Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), Department of Tourism (DOT), Department of Transportation (DOTr), Department of Environment & Natural Resources (DENR), National Food Authority (NFA), Department of Education (DepED), National Commission on Indigenous People (NCIP) including Government Financial Institutions (GFIs) such as Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP), Landbank of the Philippines (LBP) operating in the city;
- Chairperson of the City Development Council;
- City Cooperative Development Officer;
- Chairperson of the Committee on Cooperatives at the Sangguniang Panlungsod;
- Chairperson of the General Santos Cooperative Federation (GENCOFED) representing City Cooperative Federations and Union;
- Official representative of other NGOs with cooperative programs identified by CDA;
- Chairperson of primary cooperatives in the city.
Functions of the Council
- To coordinate, harmonize and monitor the implementation of various cooperative development plans, programs and projects of different National Government Agencies (NGAs), Government Finance Institutions (GFIs), Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) and the Local Government Unit;
- To formulate implementing guidelines and create mechanisms to operationalize and monitor the Philippine Cooperative Medium-Term Development Plan (PCMTDP);
- To share resources (financial, supplies, equipment and manpower) towards the full realization of such development plans;
- To maintain, in coordination with the Cooperative Development Authority (CDA), a database on relevant information concerning the state of the cooperative movement in the city; and
- To promote actively and strongly endorse the observance at all times of the universally cooperative principles as enshrined in the Cooperative Code in the performance of the above functions.
STRUCTURE AND TERM OF OFFICE OF THE COUNCIL
The officers of the council are composed of the following: (a) Chairperson, (b) Vice-Chairperson, (c) Secretary, (d) Treasurer, and (e) Auditor. Such officers shall be elected directly by the members of the constituting the council.
The term of office of the elected officers shall be for one (1) year with right to re-election, and shall commence on or before 15th of December of every year.
SECRETARIAT OF THE COUNCIL
The City Economic Management & Cooperative Development Office (CEMCDO)- Cooperative Division shall be the technical and administrative secretariat of the CCDC.